Friday, November 8, 2013

Middle school boy gets bullied for wearing pink shoes - his classmates find out that his mother had breast cancer - the whole school went pink in his honor...




In today's edition of the "Good Stuff"  friends come together at a middle school to show support for a boy who's being bullied for wearing pink sneakers. CNN's Chris Cuomo reports.
Ryan Marotta's mother is a breast cancer survivor, so in her honor, and in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, he wore pink sneakers to school.  The NFL does it, so why can't Ryan?  Well, at school, Ryan got bullied for it.
Ryan says, "It made me feel a little bit depressed and like, sad, because I knew that my mom had it and it really made me doubt getting the shoes."
It got so bad, Ryan stopped wearing the shoes.  Though when his classmates found out why he was wearing pink, and why he stopped, they felt stupid and ashamed.
The next day at school there was pink everywhere. Children wore pink shirts, pink shoes, pink hats, even pink socks.
Ryan expressed his changed emotions saying,  "It makes me feel really happy. I remember my mom last night crying with tears of joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment